On this page we inform you about how we use the personal data and information you provide us with when using the website ebt.nl and when communicating (e.g., by telephone) regarding such use.
EBT BV and EBT Electronics BV manage the information you provide us with. EBT BV is a company established in the Netherlands with registration number 24378402. EBT Electronics BV is a company established in the Netherlands with registration number 70464456. Both are located at the Kelvinring 16-18 in Alblasserdam, the Netherlands.
Your data and why we process it
The information we collect when you place an order with us includes: name, address, telephone numbers, email addresses and financial information such as bank account, VAT and Chamber of Commerce numbers. Technical data about your Internet connection and browser, as well as the country code and phone code, of the country where your computer is located, the web pages you viewed during your visit and the advertisements you clicked on, IP addresses and cookies are also collected and, if necessary, consulted by us.
We only collect, store, use or share your data for actual business purposes if you have given us your consent or if we are legally required to do so. We keep track of your personal data for a variety of reasons:
1. if you contact us by telephone or email with a question;
2. to process an order via our website and when carrying out a delivery and/or realisation of a project;
3. to make our website accessible to you with informative content tailored to your needs, including the use of popup messages and voucher codes;
4. If you have purchased a product from us, we may occasionally notify you by email or telephone of our latest offers, products and services that you may find interesting;
5. promotion and advertising (including personalisation) of our products and services, both on our website and elsewhere on the Internet;
6. promotion and advertising of our products and services to you by email and regular mail;
7. to contact you for after-sales purposes;
8. when you give a review on our website;
9. linking and merging your personal information for analysis and to provide you with a more personalised experience;
10. to analyse problems with our website and improve its performance;
11. when you contact us via social media;
12. We also use your personal data to contact you in connection with our services and products or if we need to verify your identity;
13. for research, analysis, testing, monitoring, risk management and administrative purposes; and
14. to prevent crime or fraud.
At EBT B.V. and EBT Electronics B.V., we may only process your personal data if we have a legal basis for doing so. The data protection legislation indicates what these bases are. Below we describe the different bases we use and give examples of data processing.
There are some contractual reasons why we need to process your personal data. When you purchase a product by telephone, email or via our website, an agreement is concluded between us. We must process the personal data you provide in order to fulfil our part of the agreement. If you do not provide us with your data, we will not be able to complete your order.
Sometimes we are required to process your stored personal data for legal reasons, for example if you fail to comply with your part of the agreement.
We also assume that we can process your personal data on the basis of our legitimate interests. When we do this, we always take your interests into account and seek a balance between the positive or negative consequences of data processing and your legal rights with regard to data protection. The legitimate interests of EBT B.V. and EBT Electronics B.V. do not automatically outweigh your interests.
If you do not want us to process the personal data we have provided for legitimate purposes, you can object to this. For more information about your rights, visit the website https://autoriteitpersoonsgegevens.nl. Please note that if you object, we may under certain circumstances continue to process your personal data.
Our legitimate interests include:
• analysing and understanding your customer process and behaviour to improve efficiency and interaction;
• sending you marketing messages by email or SMS if you have previously purchased something from us;
• promoting and advertising our products and services, both on our website and elsewhere on the Internet;
• analysing the performance of our website and troubleshooting;
• personnel training; and
• personalising your shopping experience.
In some cases, you give us permission to process your personal data, for example when requesting the newsletter or a login code for our website. If you give us permission, you can withdraw it at any time by contacting us.
When we contact you
Shortly after delivery, we can contact you by telephone for after-sales purposes. We may also offer you other services related to the products you have purchased. If you do not want to be called about this, please contact us by phone, email or regular mail.
We would like to keep you informed about new developments, offers and promotions, but you can choose at any time to no longer receive email messages from us. To do so, simply click on the unsubscribe box in the newsletter or contact us by telephone, email or regular mail. It may take a few days for all our systems to be updated, but you can be sure that your request will be met. Please note that if you provide information but there is an error or delay in processing, we may use the data you have submitted to contact you to complete your order.
When you contact us
If you contact us by email or to ask a question about your order or our services, your emails and our answers will be recorded electronically. This allows us to resolve any problems and answer your question quickly and easily if you contact us again for any reason.
Information we share
We share your information in very specific situations as set out below:
• when we are required to do so (for example, a legal request),
• when we need to work with an external party or a core service provider, for example in the areas of delivery, insight, marketing communications or IT. Each service provider is carefully selected and we only pass on the data they need to provide their service on our behalf; they cannot use your data for any other purpose, for example their own marketing purposes;
• fraud prevention;
• with our insurance advisors or insurance companies in connection with (potential) claims;
• all necessary data relating to the granting of a guarantee on our products for quality assurance, compliance and the commencement of the guarantee period;
• social media or internet platforms (based on cookies - for more information, see cookies.
We never sell your information. We always comply with all relevant data protection legislation (including the General Data Protection Act).
Sometimes we share anonymised data and analysis with third parties, but not in a way that identifies you as an individual.
How long do we store your data?
We only store your personal data for as long as it is necessary in accordance with the reason why we collected it from you and to comply with all legal requirements (such as dispute resolution). The storage period of personal data is called the retention period. We store your personal data relating to the purchase of your products for a period of 7 years from the conclusion of the agreement. This is in accordance with the legal provisions.
If you contact us by telephone or send us a message with a question or request for a quote (but ultimately no agreement is reached), we will store your personal data for six months from the date of request.
If you receive marketing and news messages from us and you have not opted out, we will continue to process your personal data for this purpose. You can ask us at any time to stop data processing for this purpose.
You have legal rights with regard to your personal data. These rights allow you to decide for yourself how your personal data will be used by organisations. An overview of your rights is provided below.
• you have the right to know what personal data of yours that we store (also called access request from the person concerned).
• If personal data are incorrect (e.g., it is outdated), you have the right to correct it;
• You have the right to instruct us to stop using your personal data for direct marketing purposes.
• You have the right to tell us that you no longer agree to data processing based on your consent.
• You have the right to ask us to stop processing your data on the basis of our legitimate interests. We will stop processing your personal data unless there is a legitimate reason that does not harm you.
• You have the right to ask us to delete your personal data as soon as they are no longer needed for the purpose for which they were collected. The right to obtain the erasure of personal data is not an absolute right;
• You have the right to access your personal data as registered with us.
If you wish to exercise your rights, contact us at email@example.com.
If you ask us to stop sending you marketing messages (by email or telephone), wait 48 hours to see if your request has been processed in our system.
Contacting the Dutch Personal Data Authority
If you are not satisfied with the way in which we have handled your personal data or your questions about it, you can lodge a complaint with the Dutch Data Protection Authority. More information can be found at www.autoriteitpersoonsgegevens.nl.
We are always looking for new ways to improve our service to you, so we'd love to hear from you. If you have any questions about how we use your personal data or if you would like to change your data or ask us to stop processing your data (for marketing purposes), please contact us. You can call us on 078-6921992 or write to us at our office at Kelvinring 16, 2952 BG Alblasserdam, the Netherlands or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We continuously monitor and test our IT systems and use the latest technology to identify potential vulnerabilities and attacks to provide a secure website environment.
Cookies are small files, which are stored in your browser or on the hard drive of your device, and they are used for information transfer.